URL of this document: https://2017.aprigf.asia/synthesis
The APrIGF Synthesis Document was an experiment of the APrIGF 2015 Macau, which can be referred back at http://2015.aprigf.asia/synthesis-document/, and its continuation during the APrIGF 2016 Tapei, at https://2016.aprigf.asia/synthesis/. The concept was first raised and discussed at the APrIGF 2014 New Delhi Multi-stakeholder Steering Group (MSG) meetings, and further refined over the course of MSG deliberations through the year. The Synthesis Document aims to document items of common interest relevant to internet governance in the Asia Pacific region.
In terms of the process of the development of the Synthesis Document, building on the success of the inaugural APrIGF Synthesis Document from the APrIGF 2015 Macao meeting and the increased participation in the consecutive 2016 Taipei document, this year we introduced a webinar prior to the conference to explain about the document.
The first rough draft 0 is based on the submitted and accepted workshop proposals for the APrIGF, which will contain largely placeholders and basic summary of topics to be discussed at the APrIGF event. The rough draft is circulated at the APrIGF Drafting Committee mailing list and posted publicly to solicit comments. The document is expected to be further developed and hopefully finalized at multiple “Synthesis Document Discussion” sessions at the APrIGF event. You can refer to the APrIGF 2017 Agenda for details of the scheduled session.
The Synthesis Document aims only to document the input from participants at the APrIGF and is not intended to be representative of the diverse Asia Pacific region. Nevertheless, it is the hope of the APrIGF MSG that the development of the Synthesis Document can help drive active participation in the movement, as well as to allow for a platform to project voices, views and thoughts in the Asia Pacific region as contributions to relevant global, national, local and international forums on internet governance.
How to Contribute?
Kindly go to https://comment.rigf.asia to contribute your input to the Synthesis Document.
All APrIGF participants are encouraged to attend the Synthesis Document Townhall Session scheduled at 17:00 – 18:00 on Day 1 & Day 2 which all participants are welcome to grab the microphone and give their comments publicly. An update of the synthesis document development highlights will be presented during the closing plenary on Day 3 and the final draft will be published after the conference including all inputs collected.
- July 27 – 29 – Draft 0 for Townhall Sessions 1, 2, Closing Plenary
- August 11 – Draft 1
- August 16 August 24 [04:00UTC] – Webinar 2 [Announcement]
- August 24 – September 10 – Public Comment/Input 2 [Announcement]
- September 18 – Draft 2 for finalization
- December 6 – Synthesis Document published
- Synthesis Document Input Webinar 2 (24 Aug 2017): Recording
- Online commenting platform at https://comment.rigf.asia
- Synthesis Document Introduction Webinar (11 July 2017): Announcement – Recording – Presentation File
- APrIGF 2017 Bangkok Synthesis Document – Draft 0 for Public Comment (Open from 11 July to 19 July 2017, 23:59 UTC+0)
- APrIGF 2016 Taipei Synthesis Document – Final (10 September 2016) https://2016.aprigf.asia/synthesis/ (backup)
- APrIGF 2015 Macau Synthesis – Final (18 August 2015) http://2015.aprigf.asia/synthesis-document/